carrying capacity

david medio david at medio.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 11:44:10 EST 2003

I do not know Bonaire, but have worked on the issue of carrying capacity and
diver damage.

At Ras Mohammed National park (possibly the most densily dived spot anywhere
on earth) there is no question that a correlation exists between no of
divers and reef degradation. The only thing that has made a difference is
(a) diver education, (b) no anchors, (c) no boat discharges and limited
number of boats per mooring and per site.

Cheers.

Dr David Medio
Environmental Consultant

43 St John Street