SST Time Series Fagatele Bay, AS

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 20 22:21:09 EST 2003

NOTICE -- Possible American Samoa Bleaching

http://orbit-net.nesdis.noaa.gov/orad/sub/sst_series_fagatele_cur.html

The above time series shows that SSTs at American Samoa have been
flirting with critical levels that would indicate bleaching may be close
at hand.  We understand from P. Craig that some bleaching has indeed
been observed recently at Ofu.  This is in a region where we have seen
Degree Heating Weeks (DHW), that show accumulations of HotSpot values,
beginning to accumulate...presently at 2.6 DHW.  Any observations of
bleaching should be reported at the following address:
http://www.reefbase.org/input/bleachingreport/index.asp

AES
Coral Reef Watch Program

--
**** <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< *******
Alan E. Strong
        Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
             301-763-8102 x170
              FAX: 301-763-8572
  http://orbit-net.nesdis.noaa.gov/orad

                     SST Time Series -- Fagatele Bay, AS

                       [2002-present SST time series]
                              ----------------

                        [2000-2001 SST time series]
                              ----------------

   Coral Bleaching Threshold SST = Maximum Monthly Mean SST + 1 degree C

                    Home  |   SST Time Series Index Page

        [NOAA logo]                                       [DOC logo]
                            Contact the Webmaster

  Alan E. Strong, Ph. D. <Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov>
  Oceanographer/Team Leader
  NOAA/NESDIS/ORA
  Oceanic Research & Applications Division

  Alan E. Strong, Ph. D.
  Oceanographer/Team Leader                 <Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov>
  NOAA/NESDIS/ORA
  Oceanic Research & Applications Division
  NOAA Science Center 5200 Auth Road        Cellular: 443-822-3668
  Camp Springs                              Fax: 301-763-8108
  MD                                        Work: 301-763-8102 x170
  20746
  USA
  Additional Information:
  Last Name     Strong