ARMS: Artificial Reef Matrix Systems

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Thu Jan 9 12:39:08 EST 2003

Dear Alifereti,

I found this on website:
http://www.nhm.org/marcom/news/voyages/research.htm.

"ARMS-Artificial Reef Matrix Structure - Because it is so difficult to
capture small creatures that live within the coral heads themselves without
actually destroying parts of the reef, the research team invented structures
that would mimic the various habitats provided by coral."

Cheers!

 John

John W. McManus, PhD
Director, National Center for Caribbean Coral Reef Research (NCORE)
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (RSMAS)
University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, Florida 33149.
jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Tel. (305) 361-4814
Fax (305) 361-4910