Coral

Dr.R. Jayabaskaran jaybas at darya.nio.org
Mon Jan 13 20:05:00 EST 2003

Dear All,

        Recently I surveyed the coral reefs of Gulf of Kachchh, India.
During my survey I observed that the coral Pseudosiderastrea tayami Yabe
and Sugiyama, 1935 was commonly distributed in shallow areas near
mangroves where the silting rate was very high. I would like to know "
Which coral species in the world has high survival rate in muddy
environment?"

Kind regards,
R. Jeyabaskaran

Dr. R. Jeyabaskaran
Research Associate
Biological Oceanography Division
National Institute of Oceanography
Dona-Paula
Goa 403 004, India
Phone: 91(0)832 2456700,2456701 Ext No-4252
Fax  : 91(0)832 2456703
e-mail:jaybas at darya.nio.org
       jeybas at hotmail.com
       jeybas1 at rediffmail.com