Carrying capacity, etc.

Patrick Scaps patrick.scaps at univ-lille1.fr
Thu Jan 30 08:36:43 EST 2003

Dear Pedro,

You will find informations concerning carrying capacity in
coral reef diving
in the following papers:

Schleyer M.H., Tomalin B.J. 2000. Damage on south african
coral reefs and an
assessment of their sustainable diving capacity using a
fisheries approach.
Bull. Mar. Sci. 67(3): 1025-1042.

Davis D., Tisdell C. 1995. Recreational scuba-diving and
acrrying capacity
in marine protected areas. Ocean & Coastal Management. 26(1)
: 19-40.

Zakai D., Chadwick-Furman N.E. 2002. Impacts of intensive
recreational
diving on reef corals at Eilat, northern Red Sea. Biol.
Conser. 105:
179-187.

Harriott V, Davis D, Banks S. 1997. Recreational diving and
its impact in
marine protected areas in Eastern Australia. Ambio. 26:
173-179.

Dixon J.A, Scura LF, van't Hof T. 1993. Meeting ecological
and economic
goals: marine parks in the Caribbean. Ambio. 22: 117-125.

Chadwick-Furman, N.E., 1997. Effects of SCUBA diving on
coral reef
invertebrates in the US Virgin Islands: implications for the
management of
diving tourism. In: den Hartog, J.C. (ed), Proceedings of
the Sixth
International Conference on Coelenterate Biology, Nationaal
Naturhistorisch
Museum., pp. 91-100.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. SCAPS Patrick
Ph D Marine Biology
Laboratory of Numerical Ecology and Ecotoxicology
University of Sciences and Technologies of Lille
59 655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cédex
FRANCE
Tel: 33 0320436517
E-mail: patrick.scaps at univ-lille1.fr