Reef pressure

Tegan Churcher Hoffmann thoffmann at coral.org
Wed Mar 5 12:08:14 EST 2003

Dear Sarah,

I did a study in Fiji and the Cook Islands comparing reefs that had
different levels of economic development, population, pressure, land-use
practices, and marine management practices.  The Marine Pollution Bulletin
Article and my dissertation show the specific classification system I used.

If you or anyone else is interested I can send .pdf files of the articles
below.

Thanks,
Tegan

Hoffmann, T.C.. 2002. Coral reef health and effects of socio-economic
factors in Fiji and the Cook Islands.  Marine Pollution Bulletin. V44:
1281-1293.

Hoffmann, T.C. 2002. The Re-implementation of the Ra'ui:  Coral Reef
Management in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.  Coastal Management. V30:401-418

Hoffmann, T.C. 2001.  Reefs of Life to Reefs of Death:  The Political
Ecology of Coral Reef Health in the Cook Islands and Fiji.  Ph.D
dissertation Department of Geography University of California at Berkeley.

Tegan Churcher Hoffmann, Ph.D
Acting Program Director
CORAL - The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)
The Coral Reef Alliance
417 Montgomery Street, Suite 205
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone 415-834-0900 x 302
Fax 415-834-0999
thoffmann at coral.org

"Working together to keep coral reefs alive."

CORAL's site <http://www.coral.org>
ICRIN's site: <http://www.coralreef.org>

digests, please see http://www.coral.noaa.gov/lists/coral-list.html .