[Coral-List] RE: Algal Bloom supplemental -- SE and E FL

Kovach, Charles Charles.Kovach at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Aug 7 10:41:14 EDT 2003

FDEP is making arrangement to have water samples collected inside and outside
of the Mississippi River Plume (as defined through satellite imagery) and has
collected samples immediately south of the dispersal area.  The results of
the HAB counts for the samples south of the dispersal area are available
through FMRI's red tide website (no HABs present; most recent samples July
29), additional analyses are being performed and will be reported through the
web.  Two drifter buoys (Argo tracked) were deployed on July 29 and 30th, the
position and path data are in the first Piney Point Report of satellite
imagery interpretation available at http://imars.marine.usf.edu/ updates will
be posted to the web.  The latest position of the buoy travelling around
south Florida is: 2003-08-07 11:50:10 (GMT) lat. 24.496, long. 279.369.

Charles Kovach
Environmental Manager
Watershed and Resource Management
Tampa FL 33619-1352 USA