[Coral-List] Searching for 2003 Coral Spawning Dates

Yusuf, Yusri (WorldFish) y.yusuf at cgiar.org
Tue Dec 30 02:36:07 EST 2003

Dear All,
Dates of coral spawning can be obtained from ReefBase coral spawning
database that was established in the middle of this year.
The data can be downloaded from http://www.reefbase.org/download.asp
go to DOWNLOAD DATA BY THEME, Select theme: Spawning
then select the format required, and area in the dropdown list.
Most of the data is obtained from reports in coral list and few other
sources.
The database is far from complete and we welcome any spawning observation
(past and present) by coral reef researchers to be included into the
database.  Please use the form that we have created at
http://www.reefbase.org/download/rb_coral_spawning_form.doc

While we can also use any form of report with the spawning details and for
input into our database the use of the form helps to ensure consistency
between different reports.

Yusri Yusuf
Research Assistant,
ReefBase,