[Coral-List] Coral-List Digests: Splitting the difference

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 14 19:08:06 EDT 2003

Greetings,

    Our new Coral-List set up allows for daily digests, and digests to be sent
whenever messages accummulate to 30K total.  I think my original description of
the digests was misleading.  Unfortunately, we no longer have weekly digests.
However, unless anybody has major heartburn with this suggestion, I'm thinking
of re-configuring the digests so that they are not sent every day, but rather
approximately every 2-4 days, depending upon an accummulated total of bytes.
If you have major problems with this (in other words you simply MUST have the
daily digest), please let me know; otherwise, I think we'll at least try that
scenario for awhile and see how it goes for the people getting digests.  Under
this plan, in other words, you'd get about messages about every third day.
(Please only respond if you MUST have the daily digests.)

    Thanks,
    Jim