[Coral-List] ATT: David Obura

kwamboka evelyn ekiage2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 10:23:42 EDT 2003

Evelyn Kwamboka,
East African Standard,
Mombasa.
Tel: 313185
Mobile: 0721249533
Fax: 312331

Dear Sir,
            Ref:  Coral bleaching
            I am a journalist working in Mombasa-East African Standard and working on the above feature story.
            I kindly request you to give me some information regarding the above issue, to enable me compile my story for our Wednesday magazine-scope.
            1. What role do Pocillopora corals play in the sea?
            2. Why is Mombasa leading in coral bleaching within the Kenyan coast?
            3. Why is it that the most affected coral is pocillopora?
            4. Is it true that paling and bleaching in Kenya is more evident on upper surfaces? If yes, why?
            5. What can be done to protect corals from bleaching?
            6. Any other comment?
            Your response will be highly appreciated.

           Thanking you in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Evelyn Kwamboka.