[Coral-List] I am looking for a PhD opportunity

Edouard Lavergne lavergne_edouard at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 04:12:45 EST 2003

Dear Coral Lister

My name is Edouard Lavergne, I am a French master student in Environmental
Biology of the University of Wales Swansea (U.K.). I am currently working on
the origins of nutrients and chlorophyll a anomalies in Villefranche Bay (SE
of France) during the summer period.

I am highly interesting in coral reefs and linked biotopes because they form
the most productive ecosystems of the Oceans and they represent
bioindicators (bleaching events, assemblages
) of past and present
environmental disturbances such as sea level change, global warming

I am looking for a PhD opportunity that links Coral reefs, Earth and
Environmental Systems, Processes and Changes in order to protect the
environment but also to manage human activities which dramatically affect
coral ecosystems.

I would greatly appreciate if someone has any information about a PhD
opportunity. Propositions, from everywhere in the world, are welcome J

Thanks for your help.
Regards, Edouard