[Coral-List] Conference: Coastal Society, May 23-26, Newport RI, USA

Coastalsoc at aol.com Coastalsoc at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 13:23:55 EST 2003

CALL FOR PAPERS & POSTERS
Measure for Measure:
How Do We Gauge Coastal Stewardship?

The Coastal Society (TCS) 19th International
Conference
May 23-26, 2004
Newport, Rhode Island

-How do we measure coastal resources and their
functions?
-How do we gauge human impacts relative to “natural”
systems?
-How should our assessments be used to anticipate,
fashion, and govern our
coastal futures?

Please join us in Newport, Rhode Island in May 2004,
to examine and
discuss these challenging questions. The Coastal
Society’s 19th biennial
conference (TCS19) will focus on how coastal managers,
resource users, law
and policy makers, educators and students, and other
coastal community
members measure and assess coastal resources,
functions and human impacts.

The call for papers is available via the TCS 19
Conference website

http://www.thecoastalsociety.org/conference/tcs19/

Abstracts are Due December 1, 2003.

For additional information on The Coastal Society and
the TCS 19
Conference, contact:
Judy Tucker
Executive Director
The Coastal Society
P.O. Box 25408
Alexandria, VA  22313-5408
PH:   (703) 768-1599
FAX: (703) 768-1598
www.thecoastalsociety.org

The Coastal Society is an organization of private sector, academic, and
government professionals and students dedicated to actively addressing emerging
coastal issues by fostering dialogue, forging partnerships, and promoting
communication and education.