[Coral-List] dissolving crustose from PVC plates

darla white onareef at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 15:06:16 EDT 2003

Aloha,

We are trying to re-use PVC plates for our recruitment project and are having some difficulty removing the crustose coralline algae and encrusting bryozoans from the plates.  We have tried soaking in bleach and scraping, drying and sanding, but there has to be a better way.  We would greatly appreciate any tips you may have.

Warmest regards,
Darla White
Diver Technician
West Hawaii Coral Reef Recruitment Project
UH Manoa & National Park Service

Darla White
onareef at yahoo.com