[Coral-List] British Virgin Islands Bleaching

Melissa Keyes mekvinga at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 18:15:24 EDT 2003

Hello all,

  I was just in Tortola, British Virgins, and during a shallow snorkel off Nanny Cay, for over two hours, did not see any bleaching at all.  I did happily see several hundred Diadema on the shallow reef, and much healthier corals than I expected.

  During two dives to twenty metres or so, off Norman Island, I didn't see any bleaching or Diademas, either.

  Cheers,

  Melissa Keyes

  s/v Vinga, St Croix/Bonaire