[Coral-List] "Freeing Nemo" thread - an opportunity to positively impact this problem

Drew Weiner drewdive at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 13:24:04 EDT 2004

Hello - I've been lurking on this list for some time now and finally feel it the right opportunity to chime in and introduce myself.

My name is Drew Weiner and I am the Project Director of a newly formed coral reef conservation organization called Reef Protection International (RPI).   We aim to positively impact coral reef conservation through, amongst other objectives, educating the public on best practices in keeping aquariums.

This thread on non-native fish release is one area for which we intend to develop educational materials and conduct outreach.  Eric Borneman's post seems to validate the need for this type of activity.  RPI is currently seeking interested scientists and like-minded members of the aquarium trade who would be willing to act as advisors for this project.

If you are interested, please contact me and I will provide you with more info about RPI and discuss how we may work together.

Thank you!
Drew

Drew Weiner, MPA
Project Director