[Coral-List] Using the Nemo momentum

Simon Wilson simon.wilson at adelphi-env.com
Sat Apr 17 04:49:56 EDT 2004

Hi Marianne

Yes, the thought struck us too - we work on fish blasting in SE Asia
and contacted Pixar about the possibility of using a few frames of the
mines going off to illustrate the danger of underwater explosions to
reefs and reef fish. They said that issues such as these must be
addressed to Disney and left it at that. However, it seems to me that
Disney (through their Conservation Foundation perhaps) might see a way of assisting
organisations to use some footage for conservation purposes - it seems
to me to be a win win that would benefit all, once the copyright
issues are ironed out.

Simon

Simon Wilson
PO Box 2531
CPO 111
OMAN

Tel & Fax: + 968 696918
Mobile (in Oman) + 968 9358053
Mobile (in South Africa) + 27 84 612 6673