[Coral-List] Open Access to the ICRS proceedings

Jamie Oliver j.oliver at cgiar.org
Wed Apr 21 23:23:33 EDT 2004

Dear Paul,

I fully support your view regarding the desirability of having the
proceedings available on the Web.  Last year ReefBase started this process
by arranging to have the entire Proceedings of the Panama conference
scanned. This is nearly complete, and all but a few of the papers from
Panama are now available on ReefBase in the literature section.  We have
been talking to the ISRS about working jointly to put the other past
Proceedings on the web. A special ICRS site or, a dedicated section on an
existing site, with all the proceedings listed and searchable would be a
great idea.

Best regards

Jamie Oliver

Jamie Oliver
Senior Scientist (Coral Reef Projects)
The WorldFish Center
PO Box 500, GPO, 10670 Penang Malaysia
Street address: Jalan Batu Maung, 11960 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
Ph: 60 4 626 1606
Fax: 60 4 626 5530
email: J.Oliver at cgiar.org

Visit the ReefBase website at www.reefbase.org