[Coral-List] Fw: ICRS proceedings

Dr. Robert Murray coral at coes.org.uk
Thu Apr 29 09:37:51 EDT 2004

Posting second attempt

----- Original Message -----
From: Dr. Robert Murray
To: coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 4:30 PM
Subject: ICRS proceedings

Dear All,

I would just like to echo Laurent's query.

I too was about to raise this same matter on the list after making some enquiries to colleagues yesterday. I only know one person who has received a copy of the 9ICRS proceedings. That person told me that they had been informed that there may be none left now. I am not sure what to make of this but if it is true I presume Laurent, I, and many others, who all paid the full whack at Bali, may be left out having patiently let this situation roll on for years. I wonder how many of us there are.

If what I have heard is not true, and everyone who registered can still expect to receive a copy, I wonder if anyone knows what is being done to speed things up (four years down the line). I have made several attempts to contact the distributors as well as certain individuals whom I believe were involved in the production, and have never received a single acknowledgement or response.

I am not aware of any public announcement on the matter but perhaps it is about time, as a matter of courtesy, that there was one.  I wonder if those responsible could inform us how many have been sent out already, how many are still going to be sent out, and, if there is going to be a shortfall will those that receive nothing at least get an apology/explanation and maybe some of their fees back.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Murray, PhD
+44 (0)771 9448169