[Coral-List] Distructive fishing practices in the Caribbean--long

Duncan MacRae solutions at cozm.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 16:38:15 EDT 2004

Bon dia Fernando!

Great to hear from you Fernando, I hope you are doing well!, a manager at
the sharp end!! I know that in Bonaire, 'the optimum solutions' have been
identified but the implementation is not down to the managers but to the
public/governing bodies involved. I fully agree with Mr. Dunbars -take and
+stake idea (and it is very easy to elaborate) and I believe this is the
crux of conservation thought that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Duncan MacRae.

P.s. for all those Parrot fish fans out there, I have observed S.
coelestinus in pairs grazing over a localised (200m of fringing reef) area
diurnally. Also the juveniles of the same species were observed in very high
concentrations in the mangroves of Lac Bay on the Eastern side of
Bonaire........

Blythe Cottage,
22 Rosemundy,
St Agnes,