[Coral-List] Genotypic diversity

Carla Zilberberg carlazilber at yahoo.com.br
Mon Dec 13 09:38:51 EST 2004

Dear all,

I have been working on clonal reproduction of a sponge
in some populations along the brazilian coast and I
have used allozyme data to calculate all measures of
the contribution of asexual reproduction for each pop.
However, I have been having some problems in finding a
way of calculating the expected genotypic diversity
for all these populations. All papers I've read ,
authors mention they have used the formula "based" on
Stoddart and Taylor 1988. However, none of these
papers mention the exact way to calculate the Ge* or
if they have done by hand or with the use of a
computer program or software. I have also read in
Cynthia Hunter's paper (Evolution 1994), that there
might exist a program made by Stoddart that might be
able to calculate those expected values. I was
wondering if anyone has any insights on that matter
and if there exists a fast way to calculate these
values for all my populations.
Thank you very much. Any replies can be sent directly
to me at: carlazilber at yahoo.com.br

=====
Carla Zilberberg
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro