[Coral-List] solar irradiance data

John McWilliams j.mcwilliams at uea.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 09:57:43 EST 2004

The International Research Institute for Climate Prediction has lots of
climate data, including some radiation data.

You might already know this, but I believe you need to need to be specific
about where the radiation data are measured,
i.e. at the top of the atmosphere or at the earth's surface.

http://iri.columbia.edu/

Click on the link to the 'Data Library'

I think you can specify your lat/long co-ordinates, which will give you a
map in colour or contours.
The data in the map can then be exported to text, with each data value
alongside a lat/long co-ordinate.

Sorry if that's a little vague, but I haven't looked at the site for over a
year.

Good luck

John