[Coral-List] Bahamas and Costa Rica Field Stations

Tara Short mstarashort at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:00:58 EST 2004

******Attention College Professors*****

Please forward

Field Stations are available for College Professors and their students in
the Bahamas and Costa Rica

About The Institute
The Institute for Ecological Field Studies Ltd offers international programs
that promote the study of endangered environments through first hand
observation and field-based instruction.  For the past 15 years, junior high
and high school teachers, along with college professors have participated in
our programs located in the Bahamas and in Costa Rica.

We are inviting COLLEGE PROFESSORS to take advantage of our remote locations
and excellent facilities to further their research or to conduct an
environmental studies program of their own design. Each location offers a
unique biological and cultural laboratory. COLLEGE EDUCATORS RECRUITING 7
PAYING STUDENTS ATTEND THE PROGRAM OF THEIR CHOICE FREE, INCLUDING ROUNDTRIP
AIR. For information about dates, costs, and activities please contact our
Education Director, Tara Short by email shorttara at hotmail.com or phone
715-252-1238.

Don’t forget to visit our website at www.seafish.com

Space is filling quickly. We are taking reservations for 2005 Winter, Spring
Break, and May Term now.

Bahamas:
Educational topics vary depending on the groups needs. Special focus may
include tropical marine ecology, natural resource management, coral
development and conservation, ornithology, fish identification and behavior,
oceanography, climatology, Bahamian culture and history, botany, herpetology
and various environmental issues. Activities include snorkeling on primary
reef systems, kayaking, drift-snorkeling, island exploration, caving, beach
surveying and more.

Costa Rica:
This rainforest eco-educational adventure is a perfect place to study an
introduction to rainforest ecology, botany, herpetology, ornithology,
entomology, Costa Rican history and culture, and rainforest conservation.
Activities include day and night hikes through rainforest habitats such as
primary and secondary forest, lowland swamps, and across black sand beaches.
In addition, participants will experience waterfall repelling, gold panning,
horseback riding, and dolphin watching