[Coral-List] ICRS registration deadlines

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Mon Feb 23 14:01:24 EST 2004

Dear All:

The time-frame for registration for a large international meeting is usually 6 months or more, so I find the timing of registration within normal limits.  The issue about whether submissions are accepted or not is a different matter, and the organizers have not made it clear whether they will be limiting or rejecting abstracts.  Meetings such as this one generally do not, and it is more of a matter of scheduling:  session chairs selecting among submissions for oral vs poster presentations  In case some of you have not noticed, or are new at all this, these meetings have been growing to an almost unwiedy size over the past few rounds.  Ten to twelve concurrent sessions is unaccaptable and it is just and fair that only 1 oral per person be impossed, and the most novel papers selected for orals.  Unless you have tried to organize a large meeting, you have no idea how complicated and difficult it is, especially the scheduling issues.  So I would cut the organizers some slack.

Assume your papers have been accepted and apply for your funding would be my recommendation.

Alina Szmant