[Coral-List] In'l Coral Reefs Conf of Paris (CIRCoP 2) : looking for Talks & Movies

Fabrice Poiraud-Lambert fpl at circop.com
Wed Jan 7 16:21:26 EST 2004

Dear listers,

After a great first edition end of Jan 2003, the International Coral Reefs Conferences of Paris (CIRCoP) will open their doors once again on March the 19th & 20th 2005.

This general public event has been created to allow scientists to share knowledge and passion about Coral Reefs with Divers, Reef Aquarists, Sea Lovers and General Public.

This second edition will occur in one of the most famous venue in Paris : the "City of Sciences". This place, with 2 big theatres, 8 sessions rooms, and 2000 m2 of exposition area, should allow us to welcome about 4000 people during a Week-End. Organized around 16 main talks & 16 movies, CIRCoP 2 should also provide 16 aquaria specific talks for hobbists, 16 aquaria talks for professionals, and 16 talks for divers. Tour operators, Aquaria equipment makers, photos and videos should also create a lot of animation, and much more...

We are now starting to work on the program, and we are looking for talks and movies dealing with topic of interest for our visitors.
If you would like to be part of the lecturer team, please suggest one or more potential talk, with 5 lines of description. Please also explain from where you would come from (country and town/airport)
If you have professional quality movie(s) about coral reefs that you would like to show, please tell us.

Talks and movies should talk about thing like :
a.. Coral Reefs : Status, Protection, Restoration, Reef Life,...
a.. Aquaria : Techniques, Captive propagation, Animal Care & Description
a.. Travels and Diving : Where to go, what to see, how to learn about Reefs, how to protect them

For more information, please refer to :
- the official web site : www.circop.com
- Lecturers Information :  http://www.circop.com/CIRCoP2005/US/LecturerConditions.html

Many thanks in advance for your replies,

Best Regards & Wishes for this new Year
Fabrice Poiraud-Lambert
www.reefkeepers.net
www.circop.com