[Coral-List] not corals, but brachiopods

B.L.Cohen b.l.cohen at bio.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 11:40:02 EST 2004

Dear Coral-list members,

Enquiring about possible brachiopod collections in the Red Sea, it was
suggested that I post to this group, so here goes.

As a leading brachiopod molecular systematist (perhaps _the_ leading one,
as there are few of us!) I am interested in ethanol-preserved brachiopod
collections from all parts of the world, both coral-associated (e.g.
thecideidines, possibly craniids) and benthic brachs of all sorts, free and
attached.

The Red Sea and Indian Oceans are particularly blank spots on my
specimen-list map, but this is really a wide, general appeal for
brachiopods (in 95% ethanol) whenever and wherever they appear.

If anyone wishes to see papers published in this field just e-mail me and
I'll send some pdf's.

Thanks in advance!

Bernie Cohen

Dr B. L. Cohen
Molecular Genetics
University of Glasgow,
Pontecorvo Building,
56 Dumbarton Rd
Glasgow G11 6NU
Scotland, UK.

Phone: (+44) (0)141 330 5103 (direct line)
                                     330 5101 (secretary)
                                     339 8855 (switchboard)
Fax:                             330 4878
http://www.gla.ac.uk/ibls/molgen/staff/cohen-bl.html