[Coral-List] New Field Course in Coral Reef Ecology

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Mon Jul 19 10:56:02 EDT 2004

Hello All:

We have a few openings left in a new course we will be teaching Spring of 2005.  It is a 6 credit semester-long, graduate course where 10 weeks will be spent at CARMABI on Curacao doing field research. The course is open to seniors with adequate background coursework (see list of pre-requisites).  Undergraduates can concurrently enroll in BIO 480 for an additional 6 credits to be fully enrolled (12 credits). Diving certification is required. The attached flyer has much of the basic information about the course.  More detail can be found on my web page [see address in my signature].

Thank you for your help in directing this information to students that might be interested in this new offering.  We are especially interested in attracting minorities and students from the Caribbean.

Alina Szmant

Dr. Alina M. Szmant
Coral Reef Research Group
Professor of Biology
Center for Marine Science
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
5600  Marvin K. Moss Lane
Wilmington  NC  28409-5928
tel  (910)962-2362  fax  (910)962-2410
email  szmanta at uncw.edu