[Coral-List] zooxan with tail in Histological sections

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 05:13:54 EDT 2004

Dear Listers,
A week ago I had posted a query about me observing zooxanthellae with tail like protrusions.  Many asked me to send them pictures. At that moment I just had the photo of cells when I saw during density counts. Later I performed Histology of the samples and now I have more clear 400 times magnification pictures of the same cells clearly seen in the tissue layer mainly from tentalces and mesenterial layers. For those who would like to see them....I can send it but my only problem is that it is a big file about 5MB  in size......So to those mail boxes that can tolerate such size, I will be happy  to send it.

shashank

"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
Kochi University, Faculty of Agriculture
Lab. of AQUa. Environ. Sci. (LAQUES)
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp