[Coral-List] Low fishing regions of Caribbean

mjnewman at ucsd.edu mjnewman at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 2 13:32:06 EDT 2004

Dear Listers,

Although I am well-aware that there are no coral reefs in the Caribbean
that are "untouched" by human influence, I was wondering if anyone could
send me a brief description of a reef or reef area that they have found to
experience low fishing pressure/human impact- either because of
remoteness/isolation or active enforcement of a no-take reserve.  They are
few and far between but I am interested to know what might exist.
Thanks for your time.

Marah Newman