[Coral-List] Coral Reef Threats Survey

Joanie Kleypas kleypas at atd.ucar.edu
Thu Jun 3 16:58:43 EDT 2004

Dear Coral Listers:

In concert with the "Coral Reefs and Global Changes" series of
mini-symposia at the 10th ICRS meeting in Okinawa, we have
put together a survey of "Coral Reef Threats" which is designed
to obtain your opinions about the most serious threats facing
coral reefs.

We are interested in obtaining a broad view of what coral reef
researchers, (as well as managers, policy makers, and others
familiar with reefs), think are the major threats to coral reefs
at both regional and global scales.

          *** PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS SURVEY ***
* It should take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

* The survey can be accessed via the ICRS website at:
  http://www.plando.co.jp/icrs2004/ (under "News and Update")
  ... or directly at:
  http://www.esig.ucar.edu/ICRS/icrs_survey.html

* The official survey requires an ICRS registration number.
  However, if you are not attending the meeting, you may also
  submit the survey by typing "member" in the box requiring a
  registration number.

* The results of the survey will be presented at the ICRS
  meeting in Okinawa, during the Forum on Global Change and
  Coral Reefs.  Responses received by ***June 21*** will be
  included in the analysis presented at the meeting.

All the best,
Joanie Kleypas, on behalf of the chairs of the Coral Reefs and
Global Change sessions

J. Kleypas
Environmental and Societal Impacts Group
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000
PH:  303.497.8111
FAX: 303.497.8125