[Coral-List] Marine coordinator required for yacht-based coral research project

Lily Kozmian-Ledward amadis_38 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 03:22:59 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I am seeking marine coordinators for The Amadis
Project. This yacht-based project will be undertaking
coral reef health surveys using REEF CHECK in the
Caribbean and S Pacific over 11 months and aims to
promote greater understanding of the problems facing
coral reefs through media and local community
interaction. Start date in Caribbean: 20th Dec 2004.

'Amadis' is a fully-equipped ocean-going 12m sailing
yacht with dive compressor and gear. We are able to
visit the more inaccessible islands to survey new
coral reef areas.

We have one berth available on-board for a marine
coordinator to join us for all or part of this voyage.
The position is voluntary but we can cover all
on-board expenses.

Qualifications/experience required:
At least MSc level in tropical marine biology or
similar.

Experience in carrying out underwater transect surveys

Coral reef health indicator organism ID

Sailing experience not essential but must be
comfortable living on-board a small yacht and taking
part in day-to-day sailing tasks.

For more information please check-out our website:
www.theamadisproject.co.uk
or email me: amadis_38 at yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Lily