[Coral-List] trapeziid crabs

Sandy Trautwein strautwein at lbaop.org
Fri Jun 4 11:10:13 EDT 2004

Hello,
I am a Ph.D. student at UCLA currently working on the systematics of coral
crabs from the family Trapeziidae.  Specifically, I am interested in the
genusTetralia, whose species are obligate symbionts of Acropora corals
only.  I am interested in obtaining fresh specimens from the Pacific and
Indian Oceans for molecular research and color photographs.  I would be
willing to pay for the collection, preservation, and shipping of these
crabs to our lab at the Los Angeles County Natural History Museum where I
am working with Dr. Joel Martin.  If there is anyone that would be willing
to collect live specimens for us, particularly from the western Indian
Ocean and Red Sea, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you,
Sandy Trautwein
Curator of Fish and Invertebrates
Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach