[Coral-List] info on MBS required

Nikolaus Csaszar zuvieldezibel at gmx.at
Fri Jun 4 12:16:19 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I am an Austrian PhD student focusing on coral disease/pathology and I
wanted to ask if somebody could provide more information on the molecular
biomarker system (MBS) developed by DOWNS and co-workers in 2000 (first
published in Marine Biotechnology 2: 533-544).
Unfortunately, this article is impossible to receive in Austria; therefore I
would very appreciate if somebody could send an online-copy of this paper or
a list of references about this subject.

Initially designed to assess the physiological status of heat stressed
corals by assaying specific parameters of cellular physiology indicative of
oxidative stress, I was wondering whether there are also molecular
biomarkers known for other stressors than heat. If somebody has more
information, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Nikolaus Csaszar