[Coral-List] sponge area/biomass and turtle ranges

mjnewman at ucsd.edu mjnewman at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 4 18:41:25 EDT 2004

Dear coral listers,

I have two questions that I hope somebody can help me with.
1) I am looking for a rough (even a range) estimate of the percent cover
of reef area by sponges (all types) and perhaps even a biomass estimate
for the amount of sponges per reef area.

2) I am also looking for information on the range of hawksbill and/or
green turtles in terms of their foraging areas (what areas they tend to
cover except for migrations to nesting beaches). I know this is not
directly coral related, but perhaps somebody could steer me in the right
direction?

Thank you for your time.
Marah