[Coral-List] Low fishing areas of the Caribbean

Vanese Flood vanesef at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 12:07:48 EDT 2004

Hi Melissa and listers,
The turbidity could also be due to proximity with
Haiti -high deforestation and thus soil run-off. There
is one paper by Torres, et al that eludes to this
fact.
Sedimentation as an important environmental influence
on Dominican Republic reefs. Bulletin of Marine
Science 69(2): 805-818, 2001.
Let me know what the diving is like!
Vanese

Vanese Flood