[Coral-List] Kava Side-chat invitation

Jason Philibotte jason at conservationpractice.org
Thu Jun 17 13:23:43 EDT 2004

The Locally-Managed Marine Area (LMMA) Network -

10th International Coral Reef Symposium

LMMA Kava Side-chat Invitation

Dear ICRS attendees,

The LMMA Network is a group of marine conservation practitioners working
throughout Asia and the Pacific who have joined together to increase the
success of marine management efforts.  So that attendees of the 10th
International Coral Reef Symposium can learn more about our practitioner
network, we will be holding a ³Kava Side-chat,² an informal gathering that
includes a Fijian kava ceremony.  The event will be held at approximately
6:00pm on Wednesday, June 30th at the Ginowan Tropical Beach, next to the
Convention Area.  To welcome everyone, we will begin with a traditional
ceremony -- which includes the preparation of a drink made from ground kava
root -- and will proceed to relaxed conservation among peers.  The purpose
of the Kava Side-chat is to meet colleagues, allow time for comfortable
conservation among participants, discuss ideas, and share company.  Please
join us.  We look forward to chatting with you.

To learn more about the LMMA Network, please visit www.lmmanetwork.org
or email us at info at lmmanetwork.org

Jason Philibotte
Marine Conservation Coordinator - Hawaii Program
Community Conservation Network
Suite 200; 212 Merchant St.
Honolulu, HI 96813-2939
Work # (808) 528-3700