[Coral-List] (no subject)

Cades83898 at cs.com Cades83898 at cs.com
Tue Jun 29 14:42:56 EDT 2004

Hello,
  I am doing research on inorganic carbon limitation in hard corals. Part of my research includes dosing with sodium bicarbonate to artificially increase inorganic carbon in a closed system. However, my advisor and I are concerned that large doses of sodium bicarbonate will upset the ionic balance of the water. Does anyone out there have a strong chemistry background who might know something about how this will affect my water ionically? I intend to increase the alkalinity to 6 meq/L or ppm.
Thanks,
Craig Zievis
University of Maine