[Coral-List] photo of large anchor(chain) damage

Jamie Oliver j.oliver at cgiar.org
Wed Mar 17 21:52:16 EST 2004

Dear Paul and John,

ReefBase (www.reefbase.org) has a few images that might be useful to you. Go
to the images section and search using keyword muro-ami, anchor, or blast.
We have only a few pictures. For anchor damage I know that the Great Barrier
Reef Marine Park Authority has quite a few very good pictures. Go to
http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/corp_site/info_services/library/resources/image_col
lection/ and type in anchor as key word - there are lots of photos of boats
- but some good ones of anchors, chains and anchor damage.

ReefBase photos are available free of charge for non commercial use as long
as you reference both ReefBase and the photographer as the source. The
GBRMPA images are copyright and you will need to seek permission via email
from the image collection officer to use their images (high resolutions
images are available on request).

Hope this helps

Jamie

If any coral-listers want to share their photos please feel free to upload
them to ReefBase using the user input facility (www.reefbase.org/input/).
You will need to register (its free) before you can input any material.

Jamie Oliver
Senior Scientist (Coral Reef Projects)
The WorldFish Center
PO Box 500, GPO, 10670 Penang Malaysia
Street address: Jalan Batu Maung, 11960 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
Ph: 60 4 626 1606
Fax: 60 4 626 5530
email: J.Oliver at cgiar.org
Visit the ReefBase website at www.reefbase.org

ReefBase is an ICRAN project, and is supported by the
United Nations Foundation, UNEP and the World Bank