[Coral-List] Unsubscribed from Coral-List, and other...

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 19 11:26:07 EST 2004

Greetings...

    We recently had a new firewall installed here at our laboratory, and
unfortunately, this resulted in many coral-listers being inadvertently
unsubscribed from coral-list. You may have gotten an email message
saying you had been unsubscribed due to excessive bouncing, but I was
able to go back and re-subscribe you.  If that ever happens in the
future, try visiting your personal preferences page by going to the
general info page  at
http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list (it's listed at
the bottom of every message sent out), then go to the very bottom where
it asks to unsubscribe or edit options, enter your email address, then
edit the very first option in gray, part-way down the page, to say
Enable your email delivery.  Take a look at the other options for future
reference.  For instance, you may want to change your delivery for
digests only or to temporarily unsubscribe during your vacation (!), or
you may want to change your password.  You can always go back and change
things.

    If you missed any messages, the archives are at
http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/ where you can catch up.

    Finally, before you send anything out, please remember that your
message is going to 2,340 people!  Check your spelling, grammar and
syntax (you don't want to look bad in front of your peers...like, "wuz
it good 4 u?")!   Exhaust other possibilities ("Please send me
everything ever written on _____," which however may be okay if you're
at a remote location)!  Make use of relevant links (i.e., post the URL,
instead of cutting and pasting from them).  If your message is more a
reply to a person than the whole list, don't cc to the whole list.
(Sorry if I sound like a grouch today.)

    Thanks again for all your support and patience.

    Cheers,
    Jim

  James C. Hendee, Ph.D.
  Coral Health and Monitoring Program
  Ocean Chemistry Division
  Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory
  U.S. Department of Commerce
  4301 Rickenbacker Causeway
  Miami, FL  33149-1026

  Voice:  (305) 361-4396