[Coral-List] CORAL Discussion Board

Rich Wilson rwilson at coral.org
Tue May 25 17:02:06 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

After launching the CORAL Discussion Board in early April, we have seen a
diverse set of postings made on topics related to the study, conservation
and protection of coral reef ecosystems.  CORAL is encouraged by the early
response to this forum and we hope that you will continue to monitor and
participate in the discussions that are being generated.

We would like to take a moment and inform you that ­ based on the initial
topics posted and viewed ­ we have created specific forums to address the
interests of users of the CORAL Discussion Board.  The new forums created
include the following:

Mooring buoy projects
Reef monitoring
Reef restoration
Sustainable tourism
Coral park management
Self-financing of marine protected areas (MPAs)
Coral reef press releases
General coral reef conservation

We encourage further participation by you and your colleagues to share
lessons learned from successful conservation and sustainable tourism
practices in the field, and to make inquires regarding issues that you need
information about or feel need to be addressed.  The primary function of the
CORAL Discussion Board over time will be information sharing on a global
scale among coral reef conservationists with a wide variety of backgrounds
and interests.  However you choose to use this forum, we hope that it serves
your needs to support and promote the conservation and protection of coral
reefs and connect you to the rest of the world of coral reef
conservationists.

Mark the following URL and check in regularly for new topics and postings on
the CORAL Discussion Board.

http://www.coral.org/cdb

Thanks again for your support in the global effort to keep coral reefs
alive!

Best regards,

Rich Wilson
Outreach Coordinator
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)
417 Montgomery Street, Suite 205
San Francisco, CA  94104
415-834-0900 ph.
415-834-0999 fax
http://www.coral.org
rwilson at coral.org

³Working together to keep coral reefs alive.²