[Coral-List] New Software!

Staci Lewis slewis at disl.org
Mon Nov 8 11:48:26 EST 2004

To All Listers:

  In the past, some of us Mac users used a software product called
Photoshop Plug-In Radius for capturing digital images from video of
coral monitoring surveys.  Unfortunately, that product went by the
wayside when OSX came out and left us without an alternative.
However, I am now happy to say that  a new image-capturing software has
just been designed for MacOSX.

It was created with the intention of frame-grabbing video surveys, much
like the Radius Plug-In used to do. The software is called "CAPTUREIT!"
and is user friendly and will help ease the upgrade from OS9 to OSX.
The programmer is also very helpful with all
program/computer/technology needs (PC and Mac).

The discovery of this software has caused great celebration in my lab
and I wanted to share the good news to anyone else wondering how to
upgrade.  I am in no way connected to the rights or profits of the
software and therefore my only intentions is to offer easier and faster
solutions to monitoring projects.  If you would like to contact the
programmer, you can email me and I will forward your message onto the
company.

  Good Luck,
Staci Lewis
Dauphin Island Sea Lab