[Coral-List] Meandrina meandrites Bleaching, Boynton Beach, FL

Etichscuba at aol.com Etichscuba at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 16:48:52 EDT 2004

For the 5th year in a row bleaching of Meandrina meandrites colonies offshore
of Boynton Beach, FL (26 30 00 N, 80 02 00 W) is occurring. This is an annual
event with the colonies fully recovering by the beginning of December. I have
setup a website Maze Coral Bleaching
(http://hometown.aol.com/etichscuba/page1.html) to provide updates regarding this 2004 bleaching episode. I am a scuba
diver and not a coral scientist. I am not aware of a similar, predictable
cycle elsewhere. I would be interested in your comments and will be more than
happy to provide with any information you request.
Ed Tichenor