[Coral-List] NPL Superfund Comments Due

Mary Ann Lucking coralations at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 12:59:28 EDT 2004

Dear Coral-Listers:

We are hoping you can take a few minutes to send comments to EPA in favor of their proposal to include the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Training Area on the National Priorities List for Superfund Clean Up.

Comments don't have to be dissertations, just a line stating that you are supporting the area for NPL listing.

The listing includes waters of Culebra and Vieques.  Such a listing is a first step toward defining alternatives to protect human health and the coral reefs in these U.S. Caribbean Territorial waters. Please help.

Deadline is October 12, 2004 so please submit today and forward to others.

The entire docket for this National Priorities Proposal is available at:
http://www.epa.gov/edocket
(once there please search for SFUND-2004-0011

EPA's Region 2 Vieques Information
http://epa.gov/region2/vieques/index.html

EPA Headquarters National Priorities List
http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/npl/newnpl.htm

HOW TO SUBMIT COMMENTS

1)    E-MAIL:
(PLAIN TEXT ONLY)
superfund.docket at epa.gov
(comments submitted this way should be forward by mail as well...

2)    THROUGH U.S.MAIL:  Send an original and three copies of the comments to:

Attention Docket ID No. SFUND-2004-0011
Docket Coordinator, Headquarters
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
CERCLA Docket Office
Mail Code 5305T
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20460

3)   THROUGH EPA'S WEB SITE:
http://www.epa.gov/edocket
search for SFUND-2004-0011 and follow instructions for submitting comments

CLOSES OCTOBER 12, 2004

Thank you

Mary Ann Lucking
Directora