[Coral-List] Alizarin staining

Richard E. Dodge dodge at nova.edu
Mon Sep 27 09:51:32 EDT 2004

Note that alizarin can cause a significant depression in calcification ......
According to:
Dodge, RE; Wyers SC; Frith, HR; Knap, AH; Smith SR; Cook, CB; and Sleeter,
TD. Coral calcification rates by the buoyant weight technique: effects of
Alizarin staining, J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 1984. 75. 217-232.

Good Luck Too,
Dick