[Coral-List] Re: Coral-List Digest, Vol 22, Issue 6-electric bio reef technology (Gene Shinn)

Yoke Lee rainealee at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 22:41:50 EDT 2005

Dear Coral-listers,

I have been following this interesting discussion on electric bio reef technology.  May I point out that there has been studies done by Sabater and Yap (2002 and 2004) in the Philippines regarding growth and survival of Porites cylindrica nubbins.

They found that enhancement of growth the treated nubbins took place only during active mineral accretion.  The treated nubbins were also shown to have better survival rates than untreated ones.

Lee Yoke Lee
Scientific officer
Marine conservation
National Programme Department