[Coral-List] Employment opportunity

Michael Loomis Michael.Loomis at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 4 13:19:44 EDT 2005

Entry-level Environmental Scientist/Policy Analyst
I.M. Systems Group, Inc.

Introduction and Description:  I.M. Systems Group is a leading
consulting firm that provides professional management, scientific and
information technology services.  I.M. Systems Group is seeking to fill
a full time Environmental Scientist/Policy Analyst contract position.
The position will help support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration’s (NOAA) Coral Reef Conservation Program in the National
Ocean Service (NOS) office in Silver Spring, Maryland.  This position
primarily involves assisting with policy and program development.  Tasks
include coordinating meetings, drafting program guidance, developing
bi-weekly program reports, responding to public information requests,
contributing to education and outreach activities, assisting with
management of the NOS coral reef project database, and other projects
that may arise.  Travel may be required.  The approximate salary for the
position is in the mid-$30s.  I.M. Systems group provides a competitive
benefits package including a matching 401(K) retirement program.  Learn
more about I.M. Systems Group at www.imsg.com.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:  Minimum qualifications include a
bachelor’s degree in environmental science or policy (or a related
field), an interest in coral reef conservation, strong oral and written
communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be innovative, and a
familiarity with standard word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Training for database will be provided.  Some experience with formal
education practices and materials is desirable, but not required.

To Apply:  Please send or email a cover letter, resume, and list of
three references to Michael Loomis at Michael.Loomis at noaa.gov or:

Michael Loomis
NOAA National Ocean Service
Office of Coast Survey (N/CS2X1)