[Coral-List] 7th ISS 4th announcement

Carla carlazilber at yahoo.com.br
Mon Dec 5 10:02:58 EST 2005

4TH ANNOUNCEMENT

231 ABSTRACTS RECEIVED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30TH

We are very pleased to inform you that the 7th ISS is already the largest
in the series of International Sponge Symposia. We have received 231
abstracts allocated to all the proposed sessions; 204 participants already
registered. Approximately 120 participants already payed the registration
fee, or sent credit card data to enable debiting of this fee.

Below is a preliminary list with the numbers of abstracts submitted for
each session.

Developmental Biology (13)
Ecology (63)
Special Habitats (18)
Paleontology (3)
Cell Biology & Physiology (7)
Systematics and Biogeography (44)
Phylogeny and Evolution (18)
Population and Ecological Genetics (8)
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry (13)
Sponge Microbiology (15)
Natural Products Chemistry (6)
Biotechnology and Pharmacology (23)

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 15

Committee of the 7th International Sponge Symposium decided to extend the
deadline for abstract submission until December 15. We apologize to those
who have been preparing their contributions until late at night on the
former deadline (several members of the Scientific Committee included!).

New abstracts for those sessions with less than ten abstracts submitted are
especially welcome: Paleontology, Cell Biology & Physiology, Population &
Ecological Genetics, and Natural Products Chemistry.

After December 15 we will be accepting only the revised versions of those
abstracts which are being returned after revision following suggestions by
the reviewers.

REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION FEE - NEW DEADLINES

The Scientific Committee of the 7thISS decided that the registration
deadline for those willing to participate in the Symposium is February
28th. Registration on the first day of the Symposium will no longer be
accepted.

February 28th is also the deadline for payment of the registration fee of
at least one co-author for each submitted abstract. Other participants are
still allowed to pay their registration fees until the first day of the
Symposium.

OFFICIAL SYMPOSIUM AIRLINE - VARIG BRAZILIAN AIRLINES (www.varig.com)

VARIG was chosen as the official airline of the 7th ISS. Any participant to
the Symposium who buys a ticket in a VARIG shop directly (outside Brazil)
is entitled to a 10% discount on the ticket price. Please mention the tour
code: 019605. We took the liberty of passing your e-mails on to VARIG, who
should be contacting you soon offering its services.

The Scientific Committee needs some time to organize all the abstracts and
payments received. Confirmation messages for the payments received will be
sent to you soon, possibly before the 15th of December. Confirmation on
acceptance of abstracts will take longer.

SEE YOU IN BUZIOS!!!!!

The Convenors of the 7th ISS

Eduardo Hajdu, Prof. Dr.
Museu Nacional, UFRJ
Quinta da Boa Vista, s/n, 20940-040, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, BRASIL
Visite a página Porifera Brasil em acd.ufrj.br/labpor
hajdu at acd.ufrj.br
tel. +5521 25681149 (r./ext. 227), fax (r./ext. 232)