[Coral-List] Re: NH4 conc. in aquarium water

Tom Williams ctwiliams at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 12:57:45 EST 2005

Angus, others.

Sorry about the following but I am not familar with
the aquarium worlds.

Could you provide some of the "lot" references for
ammonia NH4 being 20ppm for coral propagation as these
levels far exceed the levels accepted for discharge of
treated sewage effluent to marine waters.

Are these levels acceptable for aquaria only ?? - I
believe they would stimulate alot of alga in the tank
or real water.

Dr. Tom Williams