[Coral-List] Setting up structures of support

Marco Noordeloos M.Noordeloos at cgiar.org
Tue Jan 4 10:39:21 EST 2005

Dear Alina and colleagues,

We understand the Phuket Marine Lab is doing OK, given the circumstances.
Only minor damage was done. Unfortunately we also know that Arjen's facility
in Sri Lanka took a big hit and will require help and resources to build up
again. Further reports on impacts on other facilities will follow soon. If
anyone has reports on facilities being damaged or resources needed for
damage assessment surveys, please let me know. We're all trying to cope with
the scale of devastation and how to proceed from here. Your information and
assistance will be much appreciated.

All the best,

Marco Noordeloos
Manager, ReefBase Project