[Coral-List] Red Sea Coral Reef.

gcesarello at aol.com gcesarello at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 17:47:39 EST 2005

Hello Coral Reef Community,

    My University (Univ. of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)  is member of the
World Bank funded project for the monitoring of coral reef  at global scale using
remote sensing. My specific research area is on the  water column optical
properties.
Prior starting the Ph.D. I lived and extensively scuba dove, for 8 years
'92-'99, in the red sea area (Egypt). For what I know, Red Sea was not  included
within the field study areas because it is said to be too  damaged.
I am wondering what it means "too damaged".

I would be interested in getting in touch with people that worked or is
currently working in the Sinai peninsula or along the eastern coast of Egypt
(Hurgada) up to Sudan to actually verify the possibility to develop and  extend my
research studies to those area.

Any help or comments is very much appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Giancarlo Cesarello

Giancarlo  Cesarello      _gcesarel at fes.uwaterloo.ca_
(mailto:gcesarel at fes.uwaterloo.ca)
Ph.D.  Program - Marine Environments Remote Sensing
Padi DM 209738
Department of  Geography
_University of Waterloo_ (http://www.uwaterloo.ca/)
Waterloo,  Ontario           Phone: (519)  888-4567 ext. 7573
Canada N2L  3G1           Fax: (519)  888-6768