[Coral-List] Tsunami effects on coral reefs - previous examples

Tegan C. Hoffmann tchurcherhoffmann at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 11:19:26 EST 2005

I actually met with Stoddart yesterday to discuss this topic and to confirm
David Evan's comment Stoddart said that there is no published literature on
the effects or recovery of tsunamis on reefs or mangroves.  He did mention
the article below where he briefly mentions tsunamis and of course research
hurricane work may be comparable.  Please let me know if you know of other
sources.

Tegan Churcher Hoffmann, Ph.D
tchurcherhoffmann at yahoo.com
cell:  (510) 847-3167